Today's baby appointment went great, however, I left with butterflies fluttering in my stomach! The reality is that in 18 days or less, I will be holding our beautiful baby girl and our little family will be complete. I don't know how the time passed by so quickly and how we ended up this close to d-day, but here we are and I am so excited!
Today's Progress Stats...
Having inconsistent, but frequent contractions
Having inconsistent, but frequent contractions
1cm dilated
Baby girl is very low, in position and ready for delivery
Cervix is softening and getting prepared.
NOW, WE WAIT.
It hasn't sunk in that it could be any day now. I keep telling myself I have 2 1/2 weeks left to prepare and wait for her to come. But, the truth is, I might not have that long. My doctor is advising that if I don't go into labor on my own by August 10th, we will schedule an induction date/time. We've been discussing possibilities and it sounds like it will most likely be on August 12th.
I can't believe this pregnancy is coming to an end. It's a bittersweet feeling. I will miss feeling her move and kick and I will miss the overall experience of carrying such a tender, precious miracle inside of me. But the sweeter side of things is that I get to see her and touch her and kiss her little face. She will be here with us. That moment she arrives is an image I keep playing in my mind, wondering what it will be like. I am excited for that mental image I've created to actual be real; for that moment to have a story and a picture that I will never forget. It's going to be a wonderful day.
No comments:
Post a Comment