Friday, July 27, 2012

Make Every Minute Count

Enjoying every extra moment of this before the new baby comes...

This pregnancy is coming to an end and the only way to describe my feelings is, bittersweet. 
I am so excited to meet this baby girl. I am excited to see her and kiss her and hold her... all the wonderful things a mother enjoys. But, at the same time, I am scared for change. I am sad that snuggling moments with Brody will come less often and I am worried how he's going to feel once my time is divided between him and baby sister. Even with all the discomfort and pain from pregnancy, I am going to miss it as well. I am sad that this pregnancy went by so quickly and that I never had the chance for my mind to comprehend that she is real and coming to our family. I feel ready for her to come in the sense that she has everything she needs now, the car is ready, we are ready. I am prepared for the labor and delivery, I feel physically ready and capable. But, my mind... it's just not there. I hope that in the next two weeks I can better prepare myself emotionally and physically and that I can enjoy every last beautiful moment of pregnancy. Our lives are about to change in such a special way, but for now, I am trying to make every minute with Brody and every minute of this pregnancy count. 

No comments:

Post a Comment