Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Visit to Grandma's!

For my birthday, my mom got us tickets to fly to Arkansas for 4 days! Brody was in need of some quality time with grandma, especially before baby sister comes! It was a nice, relaxing vacation for us and it was the first time that Brian and Brody had been there. In fact, it was Brody's first trip EVER! I was surprised with how well he did on the plane rides and in between during layovers. We seriously have an angel child! He slept the majority of flight time, so I enjoyed hours of snuggling!!! 
It was lovely! 

Our first day in Arkansas was beautiful and sunny! We took a drive to the beautiful Loch Lomond lake. We packed up lunch,  rented a boat, and spent 4 hours enjoying the sun, laughing together, and fishing!! 











The next few days were overcast, so our activities were less exciting as our boat day. We took Brian on a tour of Bentonville, visiting the High School I attended for one semester my Junior year, the Blockbuster I worked for and the house we used to live in. My stepdad and Brian shared some quality "man time" when they went skeet shooting and then off to a shooting range. Grandma, Brody and I stayed at home and relaxed. We BBQ'd, enjoyed a night out to a fancy mexican restaurant- overall, it was a wonderful trip and it was great to see my mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment