Monday, April 23, 2012

Maxwell Henry Astorga

Today my heart is aching. Today I feel so sad. Today I appreciate my family so much more and the time I have with them each day. 

This morning my sweet nanny family suffered the loss of their beautiful 7 month old son, Maxwell Henry Astorga. Anyone who knows Melissa and Fidel, know that they are the most loving parents in the world. They treasure their 3 boys and the joy that fills their home. I had the honor of watching Taylor and Michael and although I never babysat Maxwell, I did get the chance to meet him and see his darling smile. These boys are so obedient and kind, no doubt something they inherited and learned from their parents. Today seems unbearable and surreal to say the least, but there is comfort in knowing that Maxwell is home with his Heavenly Father and one day he will be reunited with his parents and his brothers. They will get the chance to know him. For the short 7 months that he was here on earth, he blessed so many lives and in return he was blessed with such a remarkable family to love and cherish him. 

This wonderful family is such an example in my life and have touched my heart so dearly. 
We love you Astorga family and we are so sorry for your loss. 


1 comment:

  1. Wow. What a horrendous thing to have to experience! This family will be in my prayers. I can't even fathom the depth of their despair. Such a beautiful tribute to this family, Alicia.

    ReplyDelete