"Never regret anything you have been through, because only with those trials will you become a better person the next day."
This is a quote that as of lately, has had a strong hold on my heart and on my mind. I am so grateful for all the wonderful people in my life. For my family and friends who defend me and love me, who have allowed me to grow up and learn from my mistakes. I know a lot of people don't understand the entire story of my past or how far I've come to get to where I am now, but through all the rumors and assumptions, I don't regret any of it. Sure, I wish I could have learned those lessons in a much easier way, that didn't require my mistakes to be out in the open for the whole world to see. But, nonetheless, my past happened and I can't change that. And, standing here now, I can honestly say I'm a better person because of it.
There is one person in particular who I am forever grateful for in my life, my wonderful fiance Brian. I'm grateful for his unconditional love and patience. Whenever I get frustrated or want to give up, he's there holding my hand, reminding me that life really isn't as hard as I sometimes make it out to be. He reminds me of all the people who truly know me and love me no matter what happened in my past. He reminds me that I have him, and that through everything, somehow here we are, together. He reminds me that he too loves me and supports me. He reminds me how silly it is to let one person and one rumor shatter my world, when the only people who matter, already know me and love me, they understand my past and they understand my story.
I could never find the words to express just how truly blessed my life is because of my past and the people who helped me get through it. But, most importantly, how blessed I am because of Brian. I can't wait to marry him and start our journey together. From here on out, it's just me and him. He makes me the happiest girl in the world, even if at times, I feel he deserves someone with a lot less complicated background. He loves me, he defends me, he supports me and he strengthens me. At the end of the day, that's all that matters.
No comments:
Post a Comment