Monday, August 16, 2010

He asked and I said, "YES!"

On March 6, 2010 Brian Hallock asked me to be his wife. It was absolutely perfect in every way. It was the greatest day in all my life and that is without exception.

My morning started off like any other Saturday with a phone call to Brian wishing him a good day at work. Every Saturday at 9am they have a meeting so I call him promptly at 8:30. We talked and talked until 9:00 rolled around and he had to leave for work. However, this time I received a phone call 10 minutes later saying that his meeting was cancelled and he had some extra time. He asked if he could take me to breakfast and of course I happily agreed to go!

For most of you that know me, I am really bad at making decisions, mostly because I am very laid back and I honestly don't care where I eat or what activity I engage in, as long as I am with people I love and care about. So, when he asked me where I wanted to go for breakfast, it came as no surprise when I replied with, "I don't care honey, wherever you prefer." We had heard of a little place called, Flower Girls and Dough Boys, we decided to try there and if it didn't work out, we'd go to IHOP instead.

We stood at the counter, glancing over the menu until we both found the meals that we wanted. Once we were done, we walked towards the back of the building into this adorable room with chandeliers hanging from the ceiling and vintage pictures hanging on the walls. A few minutes after finding a table and settling in, our warm breakfast plates were delivered, mine with a special surprise. One long-stemmed, red rose, along with a sparkly note tied to the stem.

The note explained that all his life, he has waited for someone like me. Someone that he can take to the temple and that can raise his kids in the gospel. It was short and sweet and ended with, 'I love you.'

I knew something was up, but I wasn't entirely sure what to expect for the remainder of the day. He explained to me that he just wanted to make my morning extra special and that he wanted to spend this time with me before he had to leave for work later that day. I was extremely flattered at the efforts he went to, to make sure that I knew how much he loved me and to make sure that this morning was special. After we finished eating, we hopped in the car and headed back home. I was sad that our time was over, but how could I complain after such a romantic and perfect morning together? He told me he wished he had more time, but that he really needed to go to work and that we could see each other later.

As we pulled in my driveway, he realized that he left something in my room and needed to grab it for work. So, hand in hand we walked down the stairs and into my room. When I opened the door, a smile beamed across my face as I noticed the hundreds of rose petals that covered the floor, along with two dozen long-stemmed red and pink roses in various locations throughout my room. Each rose contained a sparkly note tied to it's stem and each note was filled with one reason of why he loved me and wanted to marry me. He stood there patiently as I walked around my room until I had collected my bouquet of roses and the 24 reasons why he has chosen me to love.

After I had my roses and my reasons, I was blindfolded and taken to the next location. He drove around Alpine, down different streets to confuse me. Once he was sure I had no clue where I was, he stopped the car and escorted me through a house and up a spiral staircase. He walked me through a doorway that led us back outside onto a balcony where I received my final two roses, tied together with one last sparkly note. He kissed me softly and removed the blindfold. My final note contained these words, 'For all these reasons and more, I want to spend the rest of my life with you.'

I looked up at him with the biggest smile on my face. He looked back and said, "I have one more surprise for you." He turned me around and I as I looked down into his backyard, written in the snow in giant letters were the words, "WILL YOU MARRY ME?"

My heart melted. I turned back to face Brian and he was on one knee with the ring sparkling in it's beautiful, white box. Taking my hand in his free hand, he asked me to marry him. Immediately I responded with, "Yes, of course!", and as he slid the ring onto my finger, he once again leaned in to kiss me! It was more than perfect and it was our special moment.

My absolutely gorgeous ring, along with my first and final roses.

The last note on my final two roses.

His proposal written in the snow.

Asking me to marry him!


Sliding the ring onto my finger! It's official now, we're engaged!!


He asked and I said, "YES!" Now we start our journey together. Together we walk down the road that leads us to the temple, where we will be sealed for all of eternity. That day is June 18th, 2010 and we couldn't be more excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment