Saturday, August 21, 2010

7 WEEKS!

Lately I've been feeling completely miserable. Nauseous all the time, dry heaving and throwing up. I am so tired that I can barely keep my eyes open and I have this constant feeling of just being "sick". I am lethargic and emotional and I feel like every inch of my body is going through intense changes and physically, I am exhausted. But, then I take a deep breath and remember what a miracle this baby is. I could find things to complain about all day and night with how crummy I feel, but it's worth it in the end to know that we are starting our family! And, Brian... he is so great and so helpful. I couldn't do this without him. He's always rubbing my shoulders, making me chicken noodle soup with toast, and re-filling my water bottle time after time, all day long. He even throws out my "pukey bags" after I throw up all the food he just made me. So, at the end of the day, I am grateful for my amazing husband and I am so relieved to have these pregnancy symptoms as a reassurance that our baby is doing well!!!

We went to our first baby appointment on August 19th! They went over family history on both sides of our families, talked about my symptoms and things I might be going through, and did a series of blood and urine tests. On August 20th, we received a phone call from the doctor's office letting us know that my HCG levels were nice and high at 40,474 and my progesterone levels (thanks to my prometrium supplements) were high as well at 19.8!! What a relief! We feel more and more blessed everyday as this pregnancy progresses.  

No comments:

Post a Comment