To start off this post, let me share a photo with you.
This is the exact moment Brian and I found out the gender of baby #3...
Brian is so excited! And me, COMPLETELY SHOCKED! Ha ha:)
Since we already have one boy and one girl, it didn't really matter what baby #3 was going to be, right? Either way, we were set and somewhat prepared.
Well, let me also share with you that before I even got pregnant again, we were 100% sure we were going to have another little boy. I don't know how else to describe it other than it was just a feeling we had that there was a little boy coming to our family. So, when the pregnancy test turned positive, I planned for lots of blue! Every ultrasound we had, I imagined a little boy. I picked out boy names, planned to bring out Brody's old clothes to sift through things I wanted to keep and what we needed to buy for the new baby, I hadn't even allowed myself to contemplate the possibility of this baby being a little girl.
Now back to the picture, we decided it would be fun to do a gender reveal party to announce the gender this time to friends and family, and even more fun if we didn't know ourselves. (Even though in my head, I was certain it would reveal our little baby boy.) We decided to do a lottery game of sorts. We passed out scratch off tickets and a coin for everyone to use as a scratching tool. Only one person would hold the winning gender reveal ticket. They would scratch off three matching pink babies or three matching blue babies, everyone else had a mix of the two. We asked the person who had the winning ticket to announce the baby's gender. When my friend Cindee revealed she had the winning ticket and said, "It's a GIRL!" I had just received the shock of my life! (As you can recall in the photo above). I was so excited, but I literally couldn't believe it. I had somehow only planned for a boy and here I was, having another beautiful baby girl! Wow!
At this point, I was sure my mom had placed the wrong card in the lottery game tickets.
My sweet friend, Alyssa offered to make us a darling gender reveal cake. We decided we should cut into the cake and verify this lottery card business, all the while in my head, I'm thinking, 'the cake is going to be blue'. Well, I was completely wrong, AGAIN!!
Oh my goodness, we are having another little princess!!! We are THRILLED and cannot wait to meet this precious girl. It has just become a little more real that our family is expanding and I get more and more excited as each day passes.






What a fun party! I love the surprised look on your face. :) I'm so happy for you and your family. You all look so happy in every single picture. Your kids are very lucky to have you two as their parents.
ReplyDeleteThat means another boy is still waiting to come to your family!
ReplyDeleteahhhh I'm so excited for you! And JEALOUS I hope mine says girl...
ReplyDelete