Monday, July 8, 2013

Baby Hallock #3!

Brian and I always felt like the number of kids you choose to have was a personal decision, until a few months ago. We really thought we were done with Elle. One boy, one girl-- it seemed perfect! Little did we know God had a bigger and BETTER plan for us and our family. We felt very strongly that we had one more little miracle waiting to join our family and that's exactly what's going to happen. This cute family of four, is becoming a family of FIVE come February 2014... and we can't wait!!! 



I was a little shocked to find out I was pregnant and I had to make sure it was real, so I ended up taking multiple home tests and having TWO blood tests done at the hospital before telling Brian the exciting news. 
The kids and I put pink and blue balloons all over the kitchen and placed a blue paper bag on the kitchen table with a card that read, "Daddy". 
Inside the blue paper bag was a white onesie folded up and tied with a bow. It was a gift from Elle. The onesie was wrapped around a tiny plastic baggie with a positive digital pregnancy test inside and a folded piece of paper that contained the hospital lab results and my hospital wrist band. The onesie itself read, "BIG SISSY".

As if the point hadn't been made, I even had Brody wear his "Big Brother" shirt, too!

The card said, "CONGRATS!"
"Good things come to those who wait.
 GREAT things come to those who really go for it!
You did it again honey!!!"
(I had to add some humor to this day. After all, I was completely shocked that we were pregnant again. And lets be honest, I still am!)

The remainder of the card was sweet and to the point.
It contained the following poem...
I once was just 1, but then I met you. 
Then "I" became "we" and we became 2. 

Nine months of waiting, our we became 3
How perfect we were just you, him and me. 

A surprise came along, we were getting one more
Then our family of three soon became 4. 

As luck would have it, another package was to arrive, 
because our family of four, is becoming a family of 5. 
Love, Wifey, Brody bear, Elle Belle & Baby #3






2 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!!! YAY!!!!! Seriously your fam doesn't get any more precious.I am so so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete