Friday, August 30, 2013

Baby Elle's Birth Video

I know it's really, really late--like over a year late. But, I finally put together our sweet baby Elle's birth story video. 

Here is a letter I wrote to Elle the night before she was born...

August 12, 2012

Elle Marie,  

Here I am at home having contractions everyday and awaiting your arrival. I've had my membranes stripped, I've been running, walking, doing jumping jacks-- anything to help these contractions regulate. I am trying so hard to wait patiently for things to progress so we can drive to the hospital and FINALLY meet you! I thought you would be here by now and with every prayer I say, I'm learning that MY timeline is not what's best for us. I am quickly learning that I cannot control this situation and God will move things forward when it's time. However; if you don't come tonight, my doctor has decided to induce me tomorrow! Which means, sometime in the next day, I will get to hold you and see you!! For the first time this pregnancy, things are starting to become a little more real. I am not sure why this pregnancy has been so difficult for me to process, but it hasn't quite sunk in yet that you're actually coming. This pregnancy went by so quickly. It's been such an exciting time for us, imagining you being here with our family. We can't wait to meet you and for our family to be complete. Even though Brody is still really little, I think he's excited to meet you, too! He sits in your nursery in your glider chair and plays for hours. I like to think he's preparing to watch over you when you get here! 

Regardless of the fact that this pregnancy hasn't sunk in, you really are coming and I am so happy that you are. I have loved getting to know you so intimately over the past few months feeling you move and kick and watching my tummy jump as you get the hiccups about 4 times a day! It's adorable! But now I am ready to meet you and start the next chapter in our life as a family. I can't wait to hold you and kiss you. I can't wait to see your darling face. Your brother looks just like daddy, so I am hoping you look a little like me. But, if you also look like your daddy, you will be one lucky girl! I can't wait to see you in daddy's arms and to see you next to Brody. You are one loved little girl you know. 

I've been trying to come up with the right things to say in this letter so one day when you're older and you read this, you'll know what a true blessing you are. We are so grateful that chose us to be your parents. Your dad and I will always, unconditionally love you even when things are hard and even when we disagree. We will always want the very best for you in life. We want you to succeed and be happy, and we want you to excel and have the courage to be your own person; to follow your heart in all that you do. We hope that you and Brody will love each other and protect each other. Most importantly, we hope you will turn to your Heavenly Father for guidance, for comfort, and even in times of happiness and gratitude. We want your life to be filled with the spirit and we hope as your parents, that we teach you the values and principles of the gospel so that you are confident in your testimony and confident in the decisions you make. 

There are so many things I want to tell you, but they wouldn't fit into a letter. So, just know that we love you more than anything and whenever we get to meet you, it will be one of the greatest days in all our life. 

Love, Mom & Dad


Elle Marie Hallock
Born August 13, 2012 at 1:57pm

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful video- I LOVED it. Made me want another one :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, who did this video? I MUST have one for my next baby! Wish I had one for my two previous!!

    ReplyDelete