Sunday, October 17, 2010

It's a BOY!!!

We had the wonderful opportunity to have an early ultrasound done and to find out the gender of our baby! We weren't supposed to know for another three weeks, but I can't describe how happy and relieved I am that we were able to find out early. It has definitely lifted my spirits through this rough pregnancy and for the first time, it feels real. It's starting to hit us that in 5 short months, we will have a beautiful baby in our arms.

I laid down on the table and about 40 seconds after putting the gel on my tummy and rubbing the instrument back and forth, the Dr. asked us if we wanted to take a guess at what it was. Immediately, we guessed a boy. The Dr. smiled and replied with, "Yep! It's a beautiful, little BOY!" He stopped the ultrasound screen and added a small arrow with the words, "It's a boy" right above it. Everyone at the hospital told us beforehand that they thought it was a girl based on the heartbeat and how sick I've been. But, somehow I knew it was a boy and I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear as I watched my little boy sucking his thumb and moving around on the screen. We are SOOO excited and we can't wait for him to get here!!!

So, here he is... Our beautiful baby boy, Brody Rey Hallock!!!




He loves to suck his thumb and touch his face! He is so precious. We never knew we could love someone so much.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats again you two! I love the name btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! So excited for you!!! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a boy! Congratulations! I hope you are doing okay!

    ReplyDelete