Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hoping for some "pregnancy bliss"...

Everyone tells me the second trimester is the easiest, the most comfortable and the time when your energy returns. Pregnancy for me, has been anything but blissful. It's been throwing up so much that my insides are sore and instead of gaining weight, I keep losing. My only option for relief was to have Home Health Care come into our home and for me to have an IV line placed that would constantly be there day and night. I have a nurse that comes in every 3-4 days to move the IV line from one vein to another. It's a time consuming and exhausting routine for both me and Brian, injecting anti-nausea and anti-acid medications and changing fluid bags. I'm definitely ready for some of that "pregnancy bliss"! I'm ready to have this IV taken out and enjoy normal food again. I'm ready to walk without dragging my IV pole everywhere with me. I miss being outside, I miss doing things on my own and I'm sad that this pregnancy so far, has been filled with tears and worry.

But, as I start the second trimester, knowing that my baby is healthy, I am hoping that all these things I so eagerly desire, will happen. I want to enjoy this pregnancy, go shopping for baby things, and get back to my happy, perky self.

On a happy note... with the help of my IV, I've gained back 5lbs from all the weight I lost. (So I guess it isn't all bad having a permanent IV.) And, I got the chance to hear the baby's heartbeat again. It melted my heart and eased my mind. I could not stop smiling as the tears built up in my eyes. It put my situation back into perspective, reminding me that at the end of all this suffering, a beautiful, precious baby will join our family!


4 comments:

  1. Things will get better! I have all the hope and the faith for you, Brian and your baby. Enduring this time with as much happiness and trust as you can muster, though difficult and challenging, will bring rewards; you will be stronger spiritually, be a closer and unified family and it will make your baby seem even more precious to you! Keep it up Alisha! You are doing great, and have shown grace and patience. You are always in my prayers, keep smiling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you! I lost my phone in Vegas two weeks ago so I've been so cut off from the world, but you and your sweet baby have definitely been in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you're feeling better these days! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope the blissful part comes sooner than later for you, but for sure in April! You and your little one are in our thoughts and prayers. I hope you can stay out of the hospital as much a possible. Please let us know if there is anything we can do!
    Love you to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear you are out of the hospital! I hope you are feeling better now. We've missed you guys at our last couple get-togethers. Hopefully we'll see you at the next one.

    ReplyDelete