We just got home from a long, scary night in the ER. At first everything seemed wonderful, aside from the horrible nausea and sharp pains in my right side. We had an ultrasound and the baby was great! It now has an adorable profile with a cute, little nose, small lips, tiny fingers and toes! Baby was so active, doing flips and twirls. And, the best part... it had a strong, healthy heartbeat of 167bpm.
But then, the doctor came back and informed us that there was a small gap between my uterus and the endometrium. He said that it's a sign of a miscarriage, but also found in many normal pregnancies, in which case, the gap resolves itself. They followed this conversation with an exam where they found that my cervix was closed and there was no bleeding or sign of spotting whatsoever!! PHEW! He told us that I am not actively having a miscarriage and the baby is doing great!! He was very pleased with the results and very hopeful that things will resolve on their own.
However, in order to prevent any further problems, I have been placed on very strict bed rest for a few weeks at the very least, along with weekly monitoring with my doctor until I am released and we know for sure that the baby is okay. We are very happy that the baby is doing well at this time and overjoyed that we were able to see the development from our last ultrasound. It officially looks like a precious, little baby! We couldn't believe how amazing it was. But, for now, all we can do is wait and be patient. We have many follow up appointments, scans, tests and exams ahead of us, so we are anxiously and nervously waiting to see the progress throughout the upcoming weeks and months to find out if our baby will make it and if my lining is strong enough to support it. We hope so much that everything turns out wonderful, but we understand that whatever happens, it is God's will. We know He loves us and is watching over our family and for that we feel very blessed. We are extremely grateful for this baby and to know that it's possible for us to try for a family on our own.
Ali... Wow... I am praying for you and your little baby! Bedrest is hard, but so worth it in the end. You have such great faith.
ReplyDeleteI also wanted to tell you that my mom had severe hyperemesis. It is not like normal morning sickness at all. Some people think, oh everyone has had babies and had morning sickness... NO. those first 4-5 months of her pregnancies were the hardest thing she ever did... and she spent many days in the hospital. So, if it means anything... I know a little bit of what you are going through. Please let me know what I can do for you. I love you and pray for you and your family!
Wow Alicia. So crazy. I hope you and your baby are doing well. Saying extra prayers for you.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Will I see you Sunday?
I will keep praying for you, and keep your name on the temple prayer roll.
ReplyDelete