Thursday, January 16, 2014

Our 2013 Holiday Season!

Christmas was more fun this year than I ever remember it being as a child. This was the first year Brody actually understood Christmas. He understood that it was a holiday about baby Jesus so he loved talking about baby Jesus and seeing pictures/ nativity scenes of baby Jesus in his bed; he understood that Santa Clause was coming and couldn't wait to make cookies and set them out on Christmas Eve; and he was so excited to take a picture with Santa, tell him that he wanted a train, and give him a picture that he drew! His smile and excitement made this holiday season more joyful than I ever could have imagined! I can't wait for the years ahead as all our kids begin to shine with this innocent and adoring Christmas spirit.  

Can I just add to this post that Brody is the sweetest big brother on the planet! He made sure to tell Santa to bring his sissy a baby doll and he never passes up an opportunity to give her a little kiss. He is so protective and loving and it melts my heart watching them together everyday. They are literally the best of friends and I hope it stays this way forever. 






We decided to venture out into the freezing cold to show the kids the Salt Lake Temple Christmas lights. It was a madhouse and beyond cold, but it was a beautiful night and we were glad we went. Brody still talks about the temple and those Christmas lights!




I also took Brody to the mall during the holiday season and he was ecstatic, to say the least, to ride the carousel!!! He absolutely loved it and I'm so glad I got to ride on it with him and create such a special memory with my son.




No comments:

Post a Comment