I am trying to stay positive and energetic through all of the contractions and days of discomfort. It helps to know that within the next day, I will be holding my little girl. I've been working on a letter for our baby girl, documenting this experience. I want to remember this time and share my feelings with her at a time when I am most vulnerable. I want her to know what a blessing she is in my life. It's been tiring, discouraging and even sad for me at times during this past week. Getting my hopes up being 4cm dilated, 70% effaced and then feeling let down with the slow progress my body is making. I really wanted to do this on my own, but I'm coming to terms with being induced again. As long as she arrives safe and healthy, I will be a happy mommy.
Here is a little excerpt I'd like to share from her letter...
'Here I am at home having contractions everyday and awaiting your arrival. I've had my membranes stripped, I've been running, walking, doing jumping jacks-- anything to help these contractions regulate. I am trying so hard to wait patiently for things to progress so we can drive to the hospital and FINALLY meet you! I thought you would be here by now and with every prayer I say, I'm learning that MY timeline is not what's best for us. I am quickly learning that I cannot control this situation and God will move things forward when it's time. However; if you don't come tonight, my doctor has decided to induce me tomorrow! Which means, sometime in the next day, I will get to hold you and see you!! For the first time this pregnancy, things are starting to become a little more real. I am not sure why this pregnancy has been so difficult for me to process, but it hasn't quite sunk in yet that you're actually coming. This pregnancy went by so quickly. It's been such an exciting time for us, imagining you being here with our family. We can't wait to meet you and for our family to be complete. Even though Brody is still really little, I think he's excited to meet you, too! He sits in your nursery in your glider chair and plays for hours. I like to think he's preparing to watch over you when you get here!'
One of my many days spent walking.
(38Weeks, 2Days)

SO excited to see that beautiful little girl! Good luck!
ReplyDelete