There's a saying that I've fallen in love with, especially since becoming a parent myself and watching Brian become such an amazing father. It goes like this,
"DAD: A son's first HERO and a daughter's first LOVE."
In my own life, this is absolutely true. My dad is someone I've always looked up to. He made me feel special and wonderful and beautiful. He was the first man I ever loved and someone I've grown to love and respect even more over the years. He's a wonderful dad and a loving grandpa. Even though he's not active in the church, he's a great example in my life and in the lives of those who know him. He is selfless, hard working and so kind hearted. I am extremely grateful to have this man in my life.
Watching Brian becoming a father has been a very rewarding experience for me. He's so loving, adoring and attentive. He can't wait to come home from school/work to play with Brody and Brody can't wait to see him either! They build forts and golf with plastic clubs, they go on walks and explore new things. I love to watch them together. I know without a doubt that Brody's first HERO is his daddy.
Brian is already so emotionally attached to our little girl. The day we found out that she was in fact a she, he cried. We held hands and cried together. He was overwhelmed with emotion knowing he was getting his little princess. She's going to have him wrapped her tiny fingers; she already does! ;) I know like me, her daddy will be her first LOVE.
Brody's cute finger paint picture for his daddy. (It's his handprints in the shape of a heart.)
Father's Day breakfast: Cherry turnovers with strawberry milk! One of daddy's favorites!
Daddy's new golf gear!
Happy Father's Day to the amazing dads in my life!








No comments:
Post a Comment