Soon, we'll be a family of FOUR!
Baby Hallock #2 is due in AUGUST and we couldn't be more excited.
Love- Brian, Alicia & Brody
On December 9th, I nervously took a pregnancy test. I think I knew it would turn positive before the lines appeared; but that 1 minute wait felt like a frozen moment in time nonetheless. As soon as I looked down and saw those two pink lines, my heart melted and I couldn't stop smiling!! Brian doesn't trust a test unless the words "pregnant" are starring him in the face. So, I asked him to grab a digital box of tests at lunch because I thought this might be the month. I waited until that night to take the test and as soon as it read "PREGNANT" I ran down to the kitchen so we could bask in the excitement together as I told Brian he would be a daddy, again.
We decided to wait awhile before sharing the news with family, enjoying our wonderful, new secret as a family. But when the time came to spread the news, we wanted to do something fun and creative.
1. We bought Brody a BIG BROTHER t-shirt.
2. I put two poems together, one for our siblings and one for our parents. Along with the sibling poem, we attached two pictures and two balloons. One pink and one blue.
3. The announcements...
Poem for our parents went as follows:
We received various congratulations through tears of joy, screams of excitement, and many, many, many hugs! Needless to say, it was an incredible week of celebrating!
This baby is very loved already and we cannot wait to have a new addition to our family! Our adventure just gets better and better.
I do not have a face to see,
Or put inside a frame.
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss,
I don't yet have a name.
You can't yet hold my tiny hands,
Nor whisper in my ear.
It's still too soon to sing a song,
Or cuddle me so near.
But all will change come AUGUST,
That's when they say I'm due.
I'm your new grandson or granddaughter,
I can't wait till I meet you.
All I ask between now and then,
Is your patience while I grow.
I promise I'll be worth the wait,
Because of all the love we'll know.
So what I have to give you now,
is a wish to you from me.
I cannot wait to be a part
Of this wonderful family.
We received various congratulations through tears of joy, screams of excitement, and many, many, many hugs! Needless to say, it was an incredible week of celebrating!
This baby is very loved already and we cannot wait to have a new addition to our family! Our adventure just gets better and better.






Brody will be such a cute big brother! We're so excited for you :) Hope you're feeling okay these days! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to meet your new bundle of joy! :)
ReplyDelete