Sunday, December 4, 2011

Living Without...

For the past eight months, I've been feeling really sick after I eat. I've spent many nights on the bathroom floor and even had some visits to the ER for IV fluids. I feel like I am reliving my pregnancy all over again, except without the cute baby. So, after lots of ultrasounds and tests, I'm now living life gluten free, lactose free and enjoying fructose only in moderation. It just had to be all my favorite foods, of course! Since I've been on this limited/restricted diet, I am doing so much better. No more sick tummy, no more throwing up and no trips to the ER- we're making progress and for that I am relieved.  It has definitely been a huge adjustment and one I'm still not very fond of. Most gluten free foods I've tried are not that great and I'm beginning to despise meal time. Hopefully soon, I will find some good recipes and start enjoying food again. But for now, I'm just grateful to feel better! 


3 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry I had no idea! I'm glad you have figured out what out could be though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Alicia. I hope you can find some good recipes and that you will start feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! You poor girl! I had no idea! That really sucks, but I'm glad you found a solution and are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete