I can't believe how fast our first year went! It was very busy and very eventful, so I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise that it literally flew by.
June 18th 2010, our story began as husband and wife. You were my best friend and confidant. You came into my life unexpectedly and in an instant, you changed my life. Here we are one year later, and you're still my best friend.
We started out as two and quickly we became a family of three. Not only do we get the joy of sharing each day with each other, we now get to share each day with our beautiful son, Brody.
I couldn't be more grateful for our life and our family.
Thank you for all you've given me.
I love you so much.
The Story of Our Anniversary Day:
When Brian went to sleep Friday night, I snuck out of bed to blow up 50 balloons and strew them around the house.
The next morning, Brian surprised me with warm cinnamon rolls and strawberry milk! He then told me about my next gift, which was also a surprise. He had scheduled a spa day at Studio H2O. I had a 3 hour block of time to do whatever I wanted... so, I chose to get my hair highlighted and cut. Brian was such a trooper, he sat there all day with me and Brody while I got my hair done.
After my lovely spa day, Brian and I went shopping! For those of you who know my husband, you know that he is a picky shopper and has to try on his clothes before he buys them; which makes it very hard to surprise him with gifts. His gift from me was a new suit and some summer clothes! But, since he is very particular, my surprise was dragging him to the mall and then telling him what we were shopping for!
After an hour of looking around, he finally found his perfect suit. And, I must say, he does look dashingly handsome in it! I'm a lucky woman.
(I was also spoiled with a little shopping spree for some fun summer dresses and skirts!)
Following our very busy day, we enjoyed a relaxing and romantic dinner at Macaroni Grill. We decided to go to dinner late that night since we assumed most places would be packed with families out celebrating Father's Day. When we arrived, there were only a few tables being occupied, but when dinner was over, we were the only ones there. Our waiter sang us a beautiful, italian celebration song and brought us a chocolate cake on the house with one single candle in the middle. Brian and I held hands, made a wish together, and blew out our candle.
It really was a perfect day.
HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY SWEETHEART!
I can't wait to see what this next year has in store for us.


No comments:
Post a Comment