Friday, May 27, 2011

Another Baby?

I know that Brody is only 10 weeks old and I had a horrendous pregnancy, but I can't help but want another baby soon. Brian and I have been discussing this topic in great depth. The biggest reason is because I am still in the mind set and know what to prepare for mentally to endure all the symptoms of pregnancy again. But, also because I want Brody and his next sibling to be friends. My sister and I are 4 1/2 years apart and we were never in the same school or at the same place in life until recently when we both got married and started our families. I hated that. I always wanted a close relationship with Chelsea and I envied my friends who had siblings they could talk to and hang out with and I really want Brody to have that.

On the other hand, I want to have time to be with Brody. To focus only on him and the exciting stages he will be going through as he experiences all of his "firsts". I also want to prepare my body physically by getting as healthy as possible before putting it through the trauma of pregnancy again so quickly. I know a lot of you have started expanding your families, so I thought I would get your input on the subject! I know that ultimately this is a decision that Brian and I will have to make, but any advice would be helpful from all you amazing moms.


*As a little side note... My baby boy is growing fast! We recently had his 2 month well-baby visit where he weighed in at 12.3 pounds and measured at 23 1/2 inches. My goodness I love this chubby baby, he lights up my life!! I absolutely LOVE being a mom.

4 comments:

  1. i'm baby hungry again too :) i would love to have another baby soon! but i don't know how realistic that is.

    my brother and i are two years apart and i think that is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kamden and baby c will be 17 months apart. I'm okay with this because we tried to long for Kamden and now him and Malia are 4 1/2 years apart, not by choice. I'd say when you are ready just do it. You never knowhow long it will take to get pregnant:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha Our blog backgrounds are the same... I like yours better... I'm still new at making my blog look cool... haha I love that you are already thinking about having another one! You are such s good mommy! I want another one so bad too... but who knows... like you said it is going to be just what you two decide! You know what is best for your family... but whatever you decide your kids are going to be so lucky to come to such a great family whenever they come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should go for it. I'm already thinking that way too and im almost 9 months prego! ha

    ReplyDelete