Friday, March 11, 2011

A week of exciting changes!

This man is incredible...

Throughout the past 8 months, my husband has really enjoyed his job. Over and over, month after month, he has succeeded in reaching his goals and maintaining his position as the number one sales guy on the team. Brian is an amazing husband, an amazing father already, and he excels at everything he does; whether it's work, school, or his church callings. He is the most dedicated, hard working man I know. So, I guess it shouldn't have come as a shock on Tuesday morning when Brian called me to say, "Honey, I've been promoted to Sales Manager!" We talked for awhile about his new office and the duties he'd be in charge of, he was so excited!! We decided that it was definitely a great opportunity for him, for us and for our new family. I for one couldn't be more proud!
Congratulations sweetheart on this new and exciting experience! Thank you for working so hard to support our family, I love you!!!


The Hallock's new family car!

For months Brian and I have been searching for an SUV. Since my car is paid off, we really wanted to trade in Brian's car and get something bigger. Something that would be great in the winter and great with a new baby. And, of course, within a reasonable budget. We were getting really frustrated finding a vehicle that we both loved, but after finalizing numbers, learning it wasn't within a budget we were willing to accept. That was until this week, when we found the new 2011 KIA, Sportage! For two days and a total of 9 hours, we talked with our salesman there. We test drove the car multiple times, talked numbers and payments and looked up reviews. Both of us had positive feelings about this car and felt comfortable with the payments, the entire process went smoothly. So, yesterday we drove home in our brand new KIA!! And, the first thing we did when we got home... put in Brody's car seat, stroller and diaper bag. Now, we are definitely ready for this baby to come. We can't wait to bring home our new, little boy in our exciting, new family car!


35 1/2 weeks...

I am pretty sure that our little boy is ready to come join us. At my 35 week appointments, baby is measuring in at 6lbs and I am measuring 1cm dilated and 70% effaced already. Not to mention, he's also dropped and is now in position! My doctor says it could be any day now, so we've loaded the car and packed all our bags!! (We're ready to go whenever you are baby boy, so please come soon!) We are hoping that I'll go into labor on my own in the next couple of weeks, but if not, at my 37 week appointment, we'll be setting a day for induction. We can't believe he'll be here so soon, but we are beyond excited to meet him.
Mom & dad love you so much Brody bear!

It's been quite the week for us here at the Hallock residence and we are thrilled for all the new changes!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Brian! How exciting for him and YOU! Love the new car! So fancy. Can't wait to meet lil Brody!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats you two! I can't wait for Brody to get here too. He will be the most loved and spoiled baby ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Brian! woot woot! And look at you tiny little thing! My gosh you are like a model for preclampsia!haha

    ReplyDelete